Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tax Day 2007 is behind us!

A headline this morning in one of my technology email sources was:
TurboTax's electronic filing overloads at last minute
I smiled to myself because I knew that I contributed to that overload problem last night!

I would like for all of us to consider what we are getting for our money as we file our tax returns. For every dollar we pay in federal income taxes, 36 cents goes toward past and present military spending. And people want to call this a Christian nation!

The following is a portion of today's email from the Sojourners/Call to Renewal folks:
We've all heard Jesus' warning: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21). That gospel truth applies not only to individuals, but also to nations.

No comments: