Wednesday, October 25, 2006

What’s a Person to Do - Election Day, November 7, 2006

This Sunday, October 29, I will be speaking at the First Congregational Church in Hendersonville NC. The church's Board of Religious Education sponsor's a monthly forum and Sunday we will discuss the upcoming election and elections in general from a Christian's perspective. The forum is from 9:45 AM to 10:45 AM.

I will be using Sojourners/Call to Renewal's "Voting God's Politics" issues guide as a resource for discussion.

I spoke to the forum last April about my role as the president of the WNC Chapter of Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am curious as to why you would not put the time you are you speaking How is one to come and appreciate all the things you have to say and even disagree if they do not know when to arrive?

Phillip Allen said...

I guess I did not think anyone would be interested in the time - thanks for challenging my lack of expectancy.